8 suggestions for boosting productivity at work
People have never been as interested in becoming more productive as they are today.
An immediate reflection of a population that has an immense amount of resources at its fingertips.
Everything is very simple. You can do extensive research in a few moments, send an email to HR, delegate a task, create a spreadsheet, schedule a meeting, execute an operation and a host of other things.
The fact is that technology, and in particular smartphones, has brought a sea of new possibilities that serve to speed up tasks that were previously done completely manually.
But, if on the one hand, all this availability opens up space for many possibilities, on the other it has become a big problem.
And the reason is very simple.
It turns out that people are increasingly susceptible to small distractions. And focus, extremely important for those who want to be more productive, is being left aside.
Which becomes an even bigger problem when we consider the impacts of Covid-19, which led many companies to adopt a home-office model.
But, will it be possible to overcome this problem?
Good. Planning is an essential practice at this point. And, to help you with this planning, we decided to list 8 tips that, with all the certainty in the world, will help you create a more productive work routine.
Want to know what these tips are?
Just follow us in this reading.
How to increase productivity at work in 8 tips
1. Set clear and achievable goals
Setting specific and realistic goals is crucial to staying focused and motivated.
Make sure your objectives are realizable and quantifiable when you set them.
Furthermore, it is important to divide them into smaller tasks and set deadlines for each of them. This will help you stay on track and track your progress.
2. Organize and prioritize your tasks
Organization is a key factor in increasing productivity.
Use organizational methods, such as to-do lists and calendars, to identify the most important activities and plan your workday.
By prioritizing your tasks, you direct your energy to what is most relevant and urgent, optimizing your time and effort.
3. Eliminate distractions
Remember the beginning of this text? So it is! Distractions can be real thorns in the side when it comes to productivity.
The first point is to identify which are the most common in your work environment. From then on, you need to take measures to minimize them.
Turn off unnecessary notifications on your cell phone, avoid opening social media during work hours and find a quiet place to focus on your activities.
If possible, set a specific time to check emails or other less urgent tasks.
4. Adopt time management techniques
Effective time management is essential to increasing productivity. There are several effective approaches to this.
A popular technique is the Pomodoro technique, which consists of working for periods of 25 minutes, called “pomodoros”, with short rest breaks.
Dividing time into concentrated blocks increases concentration and productivity.
Find the technique that best suits your work style and try it to see the results.
5. Learn to delegate tasks
We often try to do everything ourselves, which can be a productivity trap.
Learning to delegate tasks to co-workers or team members not only lightens your workload, it also allows each person to utilize their specific skills and competencies.
Trust in the abilities of others and share responsibilities to obtain more efficient results.
6. Practice self-discipline
Self-discipline is essential to stay focused and avoid procrastination.
Set fixed times to work on certain tasks and stay committed to those times.
Avoid the temptation to postpone more difficult or less enjoyable tasks and develop the habit of staying motivated and productive.
Remember that discipline is a skill that can be developed with practice and perseverance.
7. Maintain your physical and mental wellbeing.
Good physical and mental health is essential for sustainable productivity.
Make sure you get enough sleep, eat properly and exercise regularly.
Quality sleep, a balanced diet and physical activity contribute to improving concentration, mood and energy, providing greater productivity throughout the day.
Also, don't forget to take regular breaks during work to relax and recharge your batteries.
8. Enhance your skills and knowledge
Investing in personal and professional development is an effective way to increase your productivity.
Seek learning opportunities, participate in courses, workshops or seminars relevant to your area of expertise.
The more knowledge you acquire, the more efficient and productive you will become.
In addition, try to stay up to date with trends and news in your sector, which will help you develop new approaches and work techniques.
Extra tip: Migrate to a coworking environment:
An extra tip to increase productivity is to consider migrating to a coworking environment.
Coworking spaces have become an increasingly popular option for professionals from different areas.
In addition to the eight tips mentioned above, working in a coworking environment can bring numerous benefits, such as:
- Networking: Working in a coworking space provides the opportunity to interact with professionals from different areas, creating an environment conducive to knowledge exchange, collaboration and networking. You can meet people with experiences and skills that complement yours, which can open doors to partnerships and business opportunities.
- Professional structure: Coworking spaces offer a complete professional infrastructure, with access to high-speed internet, equipped meeting rooms and administrative support services. These features help optimize your time and effort, allowing you to fully focus on your work. Additionally, coworking spaces often offer scheduling flexibility, allowing you to choose the work schedule that best suits your needs.
- Flexibility: The flexibility offered by coworking spaces can be a significant advantage. You can choose to work from different locations within the space depending on the type of task or level of concentration required. Additionally, many coworking spaces offer flexible membership plans, allowing you to rent a workspace for a short period of time, such as a few days or a few hours, if you need a temporary base for a specific project.